|Dear Crate Marine Belleville Customers,|
|We hope everyone has been staying safe and making the best of there time at home during these unprecedented times.|
Yesterday the Ontario Government unveiled its three stage “road map” to reopen the province following weeks of being shut down to help slow the spread of Covid-19. While there are no specific dates, the plan is broken into 3 stages to gradually reopen. We are not sure if we are part of the first phase at this point but we are hopeful our re-opening date remains May 12 as per the original state of emergency order.
With a tentative launch start date of May 12th we understand that this is going to be a little bit of a later start than we are all used to so patience and efficiency will be key. We have our staff on hand and ready to work around the clock to get everyone in as fast as possible. We have also set out a new set of marina guidelines for both our staff and customers to ensure the safety of everyone this boating season, this will be available soon for everyone to download.
Because we are still not sure when our yard will be open to our boaters we recommend that when the time comes just the bare minimum be done to get your boat ready for the water this year. Unfortunately this is not going to be the year for polishing your hull, painting your bottom or any other time consuming maintenance. This spring we are going to be laser focused on the “essentials” to get the boats in the water, making sure there are no leaks and the systems are summarized. Once we catch up later in the summer we can look at getting some of those optional jobs done.
Once we have permission to open the yard to our boaters we will only be allowing so many people in the yard at one time to keep within the small gathering limit. We will be releasing the details of how that will work in the coming days ahead as more information becomes available to us.
2020 Launch Procedure
– Fill in your launch request form and return to service immediately to create a work order and get on the launch list (Please only fill out essential launch services)
This is essential for our scheduling, if you do not plan on going in the water we need to know who that is so we can plan to move the boat once where it will sit for the summer and next winter.
– Customers will NOT be allowed on or near the boat during launch
– The travel lift slip is off limits during launch to everyone but Crate’s staff
Customers are not to be on-board for 4 days prior to launch or at any time when a technician is aboard
– Crate’s will launch and summarize all requested systems (If you do your own summarizing please have the boat ready for the water, engine battery(s) hooked up)
– Crate’s will place all fenders and lines on the boat and place in your designated slip (Please ensure all fenders and lines are aboard)
– All techs will leave a service card on your boat explaining what work was complete and when, the tech will also spray down all areas of contact with disinfectant
Parts and Service Counter
– Our parts & service departments will be open with a limited amount of customers at one time in the building, we will also have hand sanitizer on the front counter
– We are currently offering curbside parts pickup and will eventually offer delivery to your boat with online payments being accepted to keep transactions touch less, all parts will be sprayed down with sanitizer after handling
– Unless the matter is urgent or requires being in person we highly recommend contacting us by email, text or phone to help keep the lines down in the office
The launch forms can be downloaded here.
Ryan Crate – General Manager
Landline Ext – 102
Text – (613) 902-1862
Jim Bell – Operations Manager
Landline Ext – 104
Text -(613) 902-1862
Lynda Stewart – Accounting Department
Landline Ext – 103
Text -(613) 902-1862
Dee Thompson – Parts/Service
Landline Ext – 101
Text -(613) 902-1862
I greatly appreciate everyone’s patience through these challenging times, please feel free to contact myself anytime if you have any further questions.
Crate Marine Belleville